Following the widely-perceived failure of "X-Files: I Want To Believe," does anybody really want or need to see a third installment in the "X-Files" movie franchise? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?
Apparently, David Duchovny — none other than Fox Mulder himself, kids — is up for it.
In an interview with The Daily Beast, the "Californication" star spoke about his hopes for a third "X-Files" film. Duchovny believes that "X-Files 3" could be perfectly appropriate for a 2012 release, thanks to the year's supposedly catastrophic nature according to Nostradamus and Roland Emmerich's (via the Mayan civilization) prophecies. Read More...
Apparently some people out there, including at least one colleague (cough, Josh Horowitz, cough) think that the upcoming film "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" is not worth covering. I've heard several excuses: the TV show ended too many years ago; the stars are old; the movie has nothing new to offer today's audience; no one cares. Now this is a movie that, as an "X-Files" fan, I've been awaiting for some time - and I don't think I'm alone. Even for the non-fan, the casual movie-goer, there's plenty to get excited about. So, I will now give you five reasons why "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" merits our attention: Read More...
Article by Alexandra Gambardella
To the delight of couch potatoes everywhere, Hollywood is obsessed with converting our formerly favorite TV shows into big-screen blockbusters. From "Sex and the City" to "X-Files" to "Arrested Development", yesterday's primetime gems could be tomorrow's box-office diamonds. But what of our other long-lived TV favorites? Could the "Gilmore Girls" rise from the dead to rapidly drench us in dialogue? Will the "Friends" once again return to their fictional world without black people?
We recently posed the question to Mr. Chandler Bing and Miss Lorelai Gilmore, in the forms of the real-life stars who made them iconic. Read More...
Sit back, relax, and enjoy a hot, steaming cup of our links of the day, back again with news on "Speed Racer," "The Dark Knight," "X-Files," and a whole bunch of four-quels you would give your first born to see right now!
- I want whatever the Wachowskis are smoking: It's gonna be a long, strange ride as first pictures from "Speed Racer" reveal trippy vision. And a monkey. (USA Today)
- Chris Nolan calls "Heat" his inspiration for "The Dark Knight," reveals his feelings on 'Justice League of America,' Christian Bale’s involvement in 'Terminator,' and why Heath Ledger just "gets it" in new interview after footage screening in LA. (IGN)
- Four to the floor! Super producer Frank Marshall teases "Indy 4," "Jurassic Park 4," and "Bourne 4," in tantalizing new interview. (Coming Soon)
- The truth is out there for Billy Connolly, Amanda Peet, and Xzibit as trio join "X-Files" sequel. (Hollywood Reporter)
- McLovin! Christopher Mintz-Plasse among five actors who join "Year One," alongside Michael Cera and Jack Black. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Rosario Dawson and Woody Harrelson set to accompany Will Smith in "Seven Pounds," the story of a man who falls in love while trying to kill himself. (Variety)
"Marita Covarrubias was a serious girl," Laurie Holden joked of her role as the popular double agent on "The X-Files." "She never smiled. Not once!"
Fans of the show, though, finally DO have something to smile about, with news that the long-adored show is making its way back to the big-screen next year.
But just like Agent Mulder, the more we uncover, the more nebulous and complicated the truth seems to be. Read More...
It's just another Manic Monday in Hollywood, where news on "X-Files," "Ace Ventura," and "The Dark Knight" highlight our links of the day.
- Seth Green tapped to bring some "new tricks" to John Travolta/Robin Williams comedy "Old Dogs." (Hollywood Reporter)
- Alright-y then. "Ace Ventura 3” to go ahead without Jim Carrey. Promises to be as good as "Son of the Mask" and "Dumb and Dumberer." (Moviehole)
- I want to believe. "X-Files 2” to start filming in November? (Toronto Sun)
- You Minx! Nayo Wallace signed on to play Racer X's girlfriend in "Speed Racer." (Variety)
- "Dark Knight" teaser to premier at Comic-Con? (ComingSoon)
- Robert DeNiro to film "Chasing the Dragon," about the rise of Chinese Communism. (Variety)