The good news is that Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan shook hands recently on a deal that will reunite them for another movie. The better news is that it won't be a "Rush Hour" film.
"Nowadays, you need a middleman to push things; in the old days, we didn't need a push from a middleman," Chan told me over the weekend, comparing the difficulties in getting together with a star like Jet Li (whom he'll do battle with in "The Forbidden Kingdom" on April 18) and synching schedules with Tucker.
"It's like two days ago when Chris Tucker called me," the martial arts legend said Saturday. "We sat down and decided we want to do another movie. Not a 'Rush Hour' -- something new." Read More...
With news on "Wolverine," "Wall-E," Tim Burton, Jackie Chan, and more in our links of the day, now would be a bad time to have a case of the Mondays. Read about those and more below.
- Some people ask why. Upcoming prequel director Gavin Hood says why not to Wolverine. (Superhero Hype)
- Jackie Chan not so different after all. Hates "Rush Hour" series just like the rest of us. (Yahoo)
- Tim Burton to direct Frankenweenie feature film? (Slashfilm)
- New "Wall-E" teaser hits the web. It's in French, with English version coming tomorrow. (Allocine)
- Rule Britannia Redux: Peter Morgan developing sequel to "The Queen," which will focus on Blair's relationships with Presidents Clinton and Bush. (Variety)
- Morgan Freeman and Antonio Banderas set to break "The Code," in caper drama. (Variety)
At least, that's how "Rush Hour" star Chris Tucker describes it, as Tucker and Jackie Chan belt out an exclusive duet for the MTV cameras. How'd it all go down? Watch the video clip below and find out.