Last we heard from the "Mad Max" reboot starring Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron, director George Miller was heading back for reshoots, which is usually not a good sign. But Devin Faraci over at Badass Digest spoke with someone who claims to have seen a cut, and that person says that the movie is awesome. Not only that, the reshoots are to expand an action sequence that Miller wanted to shoot originally. Apparently, Warner Bros. was so impressed with what they saw, they gave him the go-ahead.
Also, read all about the Boba Fett video game you'll never see in today's Dailies!
It looks like things are going to get worse before they get better for the characters in "Mad Max: Fury Road."
A batch of set photos have hit the web courtesy of CineCommunity (via Collider) and they tease a very extreme-looking post-apocalyptic world. The images mostly show the vehicles that will be driven during the movie as well as some of the props and costumes, but together they give us an idea of the world that Mad Max will be inhabiting. And it's not very pretty.
"Mad Max: Fury Road" has been filming for more than a month, and now we're finally getting some official details about what the upcoming reboot will be about.
A press release (via ComingSoon.net) confirms the movie's July 9 start date and offers the closest we've come to a synopsis so far. In addition, we get a rundown of who each actor in the movie is playing, though not much about each character. Read more after the jump!
The road to "Fury Road" has been a long, frustrating and confusing one. The fourth "Mad Max" film has long been talked about, vehicles and other set pieces have been constructed, and numerous A-list actors including Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron have been hired… but beyond that, very little has been done in the way of actually shooting the movie.
That might change very, very soon, if Theron is to be believed. MTV News spoke with the Oscar winner at the "Snow White and the Huntsman" press junket in London earlier this month, and she revealed that "Mad Max" will finally go before cameras in early June.
"You want some inside scoop? Start date: June 2," Theron told us, following up the breaking news by knocking on wood.
In Hollywood, trilogies are the new sequel. So it should come as no surprise that George Miller, creator of the original "Mad Max" series, has a new trilogy in the works for the franchise.
The first film in the new series, "Mad Max: Fury Road," has long had Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron attached as its leads, but that flick is only the first in three films Miller has already written. In an interview with the Financial Times, Miller admitted that the trilogy was a natural progression of the writing process.
"We started with ['Fury Road'], but we then started to do a second story and a third. We’ve written the script for the second and almost finished the third. We never intended to, they were part of the exploration of the characters," he said.
"Mad Max: Fury Road" is coming. No, really, it is.
Though it's had to plow through more than a few roadblocks on its way towards the big-screen, George Miller's long-developing resurrection of the "Mad Max" brand is very much still in the offing, according to co-star Zoe Kravitz. Zoe, who stars in this summer's "X-Men: First Class" as mutant Angel Salvadore, spoke with MTV News last week for our Summer Movie Preview and said that as far as she knows, shooting is set to start in January 2012.
"I heard the other day that we should be good to go in mid-January, we're supposed to go to Australia to start. I guess there's a point where you say, 'yeah, yeah, yeah,'" she laughed. "But I hope it gets made. They're saying it is. I've had this role now for over a year and they've done a great job at staying in contact and reassuring me that the film is going to happen. They've put together such a cool cast and I know they've started building a lot of the vehicles and cameras and they've really been in pre-production for such a long time, so I think it'll happen."
Kravitz's role in the new "Mad Max" has been shrouded in mystery, with her character supposedly named Five Wives. We asked her to elaborate on her character, and she explained that, no, she's not trying to one-up Armie Hammer as the Winklevoss twins—she's only playing one of the five wives.
Rising star Tom Hardy dropped a bit of surprising news upon us at the L.A. "Inception" premiere Tuesday night. The new Mad Max says that production on the anticipated "Mad Max" reboot, "Fury Road," has been pushed back.
"[We've] stopped," Hardy said when asked about the film's progress. "They pushed it back a little bit so I'm not up against it at the moment, so I've lost some weight, that's it." Read More...
In an excitingly odd and unexpected twist, filmmaker George Miller is returning to the universe of "Mad Max" for his upcoming sequel "Fury Road." Tom Hardy is stepping in for the title role once filled by Mel Gibson. And Charlize Theron... well... we're not really sure what her part in the story is, other than the fact that it's a lead role.
Sadly, she's not saying anything. In fact, she's convinced that Miller or one of his lackeys is spying on her to make sure that nothing is said about the film out of school. MTV's Josh Horowitz put in his most valiant effort when he spoke to her on the red carpet at the Spike Guy's Choice Awards last weekend. She's not talking though, other than to gush about how excited she is to join this much-loved franchise.
Oh Teresa Palmer. Had we but world enough, and time. We could sit together and I could tell you how much I liked the orphan movie you did with Daniel Radcliffe that wasn't "Harry Potter" (it was "December Boys"). 10,000 years I would devote to "Bedtime Stories!" An epoch to "The Sorcerer's Apprentice!"
So, Ms. Palmer, are you in the new "Mad Max," as was widely reported and initially revealed by your "Apprentice" co-star Jay Baruchel in an apparent slip of the lip?
"I may or may not be!" Read More...
There's nothing worse than an Internet rumor, but I'll admit that I was kind of hoping this one would turn out to be true. Over the weekend, a story ran on Ain't It Cool News sparking a rumor that Patrick Stewart had joined the cast of the upcoming fourth "Mad Max" movie, "Fury Road." A lot of names have been flying around in connection with the movie and Stewart, speaking to a fan in Australia, said that he'd be working next with "Mad Max" creator George Miller on something that he said is not "Happy Feet 2."
"Fury Road" was of course the obvious assumption, but we decided to find out from a firsthand source before running anything. Stewart's publicist informs us that the rumors are untrue. Simple as that.
Move along people. There's nothing more to see here.