Is the "Harry Potter" film franchise done passing the wand? After the first two films, Chris Columbus stepped aside as Alfonso Cuarón, Mike Newell and then David Yates expanded the Potter-verse. But could it be that Yates, who shot "Order of the Phoenix" and is in the middle of "Half-Blood Prince," will be the last one to leave his mark?
Children's writer Lois Lowry thinks so, as she wrote on her blog Tuesday, telling her fans that Yates had pulled out of shooting an adaptation of her book "The Giver" so that he can do "Deathly Hallows" instead. "He has just decided he wants to do the final 'Harry Potter' first," she wrote, "thereby postponing 'The Giver' for several years." Read More...
Sit back, relax and enjoy a hot, steaming cup of our links of the day, back again with news on “Harry Potter,” “Hulk,” Jake Gyllenhaal, Zac Efron and more.
- “I always lean towards the dark side.” Daniel Radcliffe disappointed in comic tone of “Half-Blood Prince.” (Edmonton Sun)
- Hulk smash Abomination in new film? Hold off just one second. “With Abomination there’s actually a monster that can kill [Banner] when he’s in Hulk form.” Director Louis Leterrier talks new “Hulk.” (Wizard Entertainment)
- A 100 percent guarantee: Jake Gyllenhaal to play panty-hose-wearing NJ Jets Quarterback Joe Namath in upcoming biopic. Can Heath Ledger as Suzy Kolber be far behind? (Variety)
- But can he wink? Matthew Perry to play grown-up version of Zac Efron in “17.” (Hollywood Reporter)
- “I’ll let you guys go nuts on this one.” Joe Carnahan posts an image of Juggernaut on his blog signaling ... what? An X-Men origins story? Vinnie Jones? We have no idea. (Joe Carnahan)
- Here’s to you, Mrs. Tomei! Oscar-winning actress tops list of top 20 nude scenes of '07. (Mr. Skin)
- Soldiers sound off on "Stop-Loss." (Stop-Loss)