By Rachel Samples
It's not often that you find yourself wanting to see a broad-shouldered, beak-nosed villain back on the big screen. This "bad" guy is of course, the easy-to-love Gru, voiced by Steve Carell. Gru and his minions took over the
world box office in 2010 and are now back for more good versus evil in this highly anticipated sequel.
Recruited to be a spy for the Anti-Villain league by Lucy Wilde (voice by Kristen Wiig), Gru faces new love, an evil mastermind, and fatherhood for Agnes, Edith and Margo. If the idea of Gru wooing a woman doesn't appeal to you, here's ten other reasons why we can't wait for "Despicable Me 2" on July 3rd.
1. Maybe you didn't even realize there was a "Despicable Me" sequel. You thought you had gotten your animated fill by seeing "Monsters University" 11 times but now you have something new to see!
2. Tune in and see the minion vs. fruit love saga continue.
3. Pick up some more "how-to's" and "never-do's" from Gru's dance moves in this sequel. Many of the movie's soundtrack features original songs by hip hop/R&B guru, Pharrell.
4. Watch for Gru's State Farm insurance promotional spots.
5. If you thought Kristen Wiig was constantly animated on Saturday Night Live, this sequel actually has her constantly animated. It appears as if she has already taken some of Gru's dance moves to heart...
6. The cuteness gets BROUGHT.
7. Okay... the minions are cute in the second movie, too.
8. I think everyone gets the whole dancing idea by now.
9. This sequel has newer, cooler, and more advanced technology than the world has ever seen!
10. See the soft side of Gru develop as he falls in love and takes care of his girls, goodnight kisses and all.